Archive for May, 2011
How To Run A Promotion
Increasing your sales require a lot of creativity and resourcefulness. You need to have a strategy to succeed in business. Running a promotion can tip the scale to your favor if you know how to go about it. You can utilize various Promotional Products within Australia to get your message across. One good example is the use of a Promotional Display.
Promotional displays are attractive ads that make the customer pause and think about purchasing your product. These highlight the company goods and activities. They can be set up in the company premises, your own store or shop, grocery stores and other outlets. You should know how to build your own promotional display if you want to utilize this marketing technique.
These displays can speak volumes to your customer as they are weighing on what products to buy. There is a crucial moment seconds before a customer makes a purchase. When the customer glances at your displays, there is a small window of opportunity to convince the client to purchase your product.
Other promotional strategies that you can incorporate in your promotional efforts aside from promotional displays include online social networking such as Facebook and Twitter, press releases, sponsoring marketing events, industry social functions, pitching sales and other activities.
An effective marketing strategy can boost your sales. In order to reach your sales goals, you need to consider some basic steps that will help make your promotions a success.
1. Know your goals. This is the most basic requirement in marketing. Your campaigns must revolve around your goal. It is important to be perfectly clear on what objectives you want to attain at the end of the campaign. For instance, your goal could be to make $10,000 sale in 10 days. At the end of the promotions, you will be able to measure the success of your efforts immediately by determining how much you earned during the campaigns.
2. Product focus. You need to put emphasis on the inherent value of the product. It must be original and provide some value to the client. The customer must offer some benefits to the customer such as make life more convenient or help speed up the work. It will be good to point out these advantageous so the customer will see how the product can help them.
3. Know your target market. It is important the demographics you are trying to target with your product. For instance, some magazines target men 16-26 years old. In order to reach these demographics, it is important to use the tools they are most conversant with. Facebook, Twitter and other online social sites are very popular among men in this age group. These are the places where they will most likely hang out. You can use these marketing tools as a way to reach your target market.
3. Determine the costs involved. This is the amount you will most likely spend throughout the campaign. For instance, you note down how much flyers you need and how much will it cost you. You may also want to post print ads in newspapers or magazines. These platforms can cost a lot of money.
4. Sum up your primary message. A good plan on how to plan a promotional campaign is to come up with a striking message. Write the message that you want to say to your target market in one sentence. Make it short and to the point. This will help make the message stick to potential customers mind.
5. Required length of time. Determine the amount of time needed to finish the campaigns. List down the dates and what activity you need to carry out on each day. This will help ensure that you are moving according to plan.
6. Measure the results. After the promotional activities, review what you have accomplished. If your goal was to make $10,000 in 10 days, were you able to reach the goal. Note down what you have observed during the campaign period. If the flyers were effective, you need to write that down.
You need to justify the costs by results such as incurring extra clients, more sales or having more attendees to the conference. These are some of the considerations you need to look into when you plan to run a promotion.